Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Welcome ... Campbell Forrest Rusell

Campbell Forrest Russell
May 11, 2007
6lb 13 oz 20 in
OK ... so I was over ambitious to believe that I could get the blog updated within a week of Campbell's arrival ... on Friday, we celebrated Campbell's 4th week! Time flies.


I'd hoped to share a more detailed version of the event, but I guess we'll have to settle for bullet points. ha..ha...

3:3o pm ** We arrive at the Dr's office to give the baby a little "extra encouragement". (Due to Jon leaving for his exams in Philly, the doctor's schedule the following week and my need for IV antibiotics during labor ... we opted to induce a couple of weeks ahead of schedule. ) He broke my water and called hospital saying we were on our way.

3:45 pm-ish ** We leave the office and head to Scottsdale Shea, Check in and get settled in our room.

4:30 pm ** Contractions begin

6:30 pm ** The Epidural guy arrives and starts plunging that "joy juice" through the IV. Bliss

8:05 pm ** Campbell Forrest makes his debut


The birth was great - Jon was fabulous and I couldn't have done it without him. We had lots of company ... My Mom and Meredith were there (arriving at the hospital shortly after Jon and I) My Dad and Amy arrived just in time for the last "push" ... it was nice that they could be there.

Jon cuts the cord
Campbell after the big "inspection"

Dr Nelson shows off his latest accomplishment

Jon, Holly & the 'Bundle'


The Fam .... Ian came by the next morning to meet his bro







No comments: