Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me

Click to play

It came and went so quickly ... hardly time to think about it. But, it was lovely to celebrate. We enjoyed a fun lunch at my favorite place ... China Palace. That evening after dinner, some friends stopped by with a fab cake. (Jon had cleverly worked that out.) It was a great evening. It was nice to take a breather from the packing to just enjoy the family and our friends. Thanks to all!


I failed to get more pictures and these were taken without warning...but I needed a reminder of the thoughtful friends who came by to help us celebrate.




Deborah brought a great cake - super moist!! Hope she doesn't mind me sharing the recipe she forwarded to me!


Pig Picken Cake: Preheat oven to 350


1 box yellow cake mix (I have used white also)


1/2 c. oil1


1/2 c. water


4 eggs


1 can mandarin oranges with juice . Mix first 4 ingredients until smooth. Fold in oranges with juice. Pour batter into 2 greased and floured 9 in. pans. Bake 25 min. Test cake to make sure done. Cake will be flat compared to normal cake. Let sit in pan for 5 min. cool on racks for at least 1 hour. (I have put it in a 9x13, but you have to cook it for longer. Also I don't always take it out of the pan if I do put it in a larger one. It just won't have yummy 2 layers).


Icing for Pig Picken Cake:


1 small pkg. instant vanilla pudding mix dry


1 (8 oz) tub of Cool Whip


1 20 oz can of crushed pineapple


Mix dry pudding with pineapple and juice. Fold in cool whip. Chill 1 hour. Spread icing between layers and then all over cake. Refrigerate 24 hours or at least 8-10 hours before serving.

No comments: