Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Woody & Buzz take Halloween, 2009

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow:
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox digital slideshow

Halloween was fun for all this year. Truly, the first year the boys could really get into things. Both were so excited about their costumes, which was great. last year, we spent Halloween at Seaworld, so we got away with t-shirts for the occasion. Their friend Gabby was going to be Jesse from Toy Story 2 which prompted the boys to want to be Woody and Buzz. I confess I tried to deter them, wondering how i was going to put them together. I got Buzz on sale at the Disney Store and am CRAZY glad I picked it up when I did. I'd never have gotten a good Buzz costume made at home. Woody was way more do-able. I busted out the sewing machine and made the vest and chaps. Helps when you find good fabric. We ended up with two great costumes and really milked them with any and all events we could find. I'd spent too much time and money for these to be worn for 2 hours on one night. LOL The pictures here don't' include Halloween night. (can't seem to find them) It's too bad, because you miss the crazy cool Jesse costume Gabby had and the authentic Woody shirt that my cousin Luann sent that she'd made for her boys a few years back. I'll have to dig a little deeper for them to add soon.

Halloween night was a blast - we had some friends and family over for dinner and then got the kids ready to hit the neighborhood. A great time, although we discovered that not everyone knows the "lights off if you're not home" rule. :) ha..ha...

No comments: