Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The New Addition ...






Last month, we were able to confirm what our Intelligender test had suggested. That the third and final in our series will be a girl! We took the Intelligender test at 10 wks. And I figured it would be pretty easy to do. I mean, I can read directions, and Jon executes tests like this daily, right? (He later reminds me that even though he requests the tests, someone else actually does it. LOL) The directions are insane.... "Pee in a cup, draw 20ml with the syringe, put into the cup of crystals, swirl, don't shake.... wait 10 min, no more or less, don't touch it, look at eye level, not from above or below.... how hard can it be, right? Hard. I'm waiting and watching from the bed, apparently not eye level.) I see only green, so I'm thinking boy for sure. Time was up and I made a CRUCIAL mistake. I picked up the jar. Disturbing it. After is settled, Jon thought it was more orange than green, I was not convinced. We took pictures. I emailed them to the Intelligender company. Jon shared them with 9 colleagues. Who were split 5 in favor of Girl, 4 in favor of boy. ARG. The company said, "Well, it looks more girl, but we can't be sure. We'll just send you a new test." Thank you Intelligender. While I was soooo on board with taking the test, I wasn't about to spend another $30 on a new test. So this was a very nice gesture. Test #2 arrived in the mail and the next morning, we re-did the test, without any major mistakes. Jon's thought: "It screams Girl". My thought was that yes, it was more orange than green, but can I really trust it? My gut had said all along that we're a "boy makin' family" and number three will be a boy.

Ultra sound day came. Meredith joined me in the office, Jon joined via phone between patients, (along with various nurses and MA's, ha..ha..) Our lovely Technician, pointed out various "lines" in the screen, which she said indicated "girl". In fairness, I had a hard time really seeing "boy" with either Ian or Campbell, so just pointing out "lines" wasn't enough to convince me. I thought, "OK, are we saying girl because you don't see "boy parts" or because you see actual "girl parts". She assured us it was a girl. The next night, I got a call at home from our OB who's message was, "Well, I guess I'm the last to know ... Congratulations!" I was seeing him the next morning for my monthly appt., so didn't really think to call him. ha..ha. I figure, well, he saw the scan, and says girl too ... Jon read the scan and agreed girl. I suppose, I can finally breath and say it. We're having a girl.

6 comments:

Holly Sanders said...

congratulations, you updated your blog. Ha! excited for you guys! You must really have it in with your OB for him to call you at home! Maybe you can get him to induce early right?

nathalia said...

Wahoo!!!
Congrats on the next generation! :)

Shelley & Scott said...

that picture screams little girl! i can see the "line". Congrats! I'm so excited for you guys. Girls are so fun. Drama, but fun!

i'm h.mac said...

congrats! so exciting

Sharisse said...

SSSooo cool! Those pics are so clear and detailed! We are so stoked for you guys! Yeah!

Christina Bitner said...

Congratulations !!! I am so happy for you all!!! We had our little girl in January! Evened out our family !! She will be a doll with both your good looks!!