Thursday, May 15, 2008

Catching some Zzzzzz's

It's around 3pm ... I just put campbell down for an unusual 2nd nap. Jon's home early today and taking a much deserved little snooze... When I walked upstairs to put Campbell down, I found Ian in the loft ... asleep on the floor with a book. OK, what Mom would complain that her son is out of his bed - esp. if he's found reading. (Of course, it is possible the book just fell open while he was playing LOL)
Anyway, I just thought is was cute, so I ran for the camera and then started snapping pictures of the family napping. even Zoe was crashed out on the couch. Jon will killl me for exposing him, ha..ha... but, while I could have/should have taken the opportunity take catch some zzzz's myself, I opted to capture the moment and return to reading my RS lesson for Sunday.





On a related subject ... anyone else found themselves in this dilemma? Ian has not wanted to sleep in his bed this week... The last three nights he's snuck out to sleep in the loft. he doesn't cry or act scared ... we put him to bed, and all is well and at some point, he just relocates himself, a pillow and blanket to the loft and goes to sleep. He doesn't play with the toys up thre, just curls up and goes to bed. LOL
Monday, I came home and found him there and thought Jon had let him sleep there ... only to find out he had snuck out of his bed with his bear and made himself comfy. Tuesday, I put Ian to bed. later, Jon went up to the den and tripped over a sleeping Ian... Last night, I found him there again, but he was still awake. I just let him stay. Once again, we relocated him. Not sure if he's just in a phase of exploration...or if he's simply outgrowing his toddler bed. I will say whenever we travel and Ian sleeps in a hotel bed, he sleeps like a log. But occasionally, he'll wake up at home - we think it's because he rolls into the wood rails of the bed. LOL Long story short ... if we make the jump and get the twin, will he be happy and stay there ... or am I going to keep finding him in the loft... Selfishly, I don't really put out for a new bed only to find that he's not going to stay there. If that's the case, he can camp out in the loft for now. ha..ha..

No comments: