Thursday, July 24, 2008

Shoes . . .

. . . if you want to know why getting out the door is always such a chore, it's shoes. Anymore, I just keep Campbell's shoes in the car - he's kicked them off by the time we get to our destination anyway. LOL. This particular day, Ian was feeling helpful. Really, I just had to laugh as the word "karma" continued to flash in my mind. It's funny when the older child is faced with the annoyances of the younger ... all things that drove us crazy the first time around. For instance, kicking of shoes as you're trying to put them on ... almost as bothersome as turning the TV off and on during the most critial part...LOL



4 comments:

Sharisse said...

I love reading your postings! Such a great sense of humor, especially when it's happened to me! Cambri used to take her shoes off 3 times before I could get her out the door. We really need to get together one of these days! Ryan and I are so jealous you are getting your student loans paid back LOL! We are searching for a place that will guarentee loan repayment! A grand a month sucked away to the bank ain't fun!

Holly Sanders said...

pretty cute! Your boys are growing! We need to chat, and I promise to call soon. Hey, are you related to the Claytons? why are they under your family section?

Alyssa said...

I had no idea that violence was optional between siblings! HA!!! So that's too funny! Your boys are so DANG cute!
Ok...here's the plan...you get a sitter...I get a sitter...and then we can go out to eat and ENJOY it!
(it was still fun though!)

Marc and Allyson Rogers said...

Wow - dejavu! I love the "helping" that turns to frustrating violence! Happens in our house many times each week, I think! And I agree with the logic of leaving the shoes in the car since they get removed before you arrive at the destination. I don't remember that being a problem with the first three, but that's something I definitely learned with Rachel. She started that back in the winter when I was 7 or 8 months pregnant and it was 15 degrees outside. Bare feet in the fairly cold car didn't seem to phase her. Oh well! Love you guys!